Content aggregation is just as valuable as creating your own, quality content. However, content aggregation has earned a bad reputation since many people tend to do it wrong since it is very easy to do so.
To be clear, if you are actually aggregating content, you are simply pulling content from a different website and republishing it on your own. In case you are not doing it correctly, that is what you are doing. If you are doing it properly, you are most likely following the guidelines discussed in this article.
When you are finding content for the purpose of aggregation, always do the following:
- Link to the source of the information
- Provide a short summary
- Re-state information as necessary
The following are 9 tips for aggregating content and using content aggregation websites:
- Adding Value To Aggregated Content – Adding value to the content that you aggregate is perhaps the most important thing that you can do. If you desire to make your content aggregation worthwhile, you need to supply additional commentary and context.
- Linking To The Original Sources Of The Content – Linking to the original sources helps to give the proper credit to your sources and provides additional content for your readers to read.
- Aggregating Information With Value – For any online publishing efforts, quality trumps quantity every single time. Find the most valuable information to aggregate; otherwise, you are wasting both your time and that of your readers.
- Provide Correct Details – If you wish to become a great content aggregator, you need to use multiple sources. When needed, point out any discrepancies between the multiple sources.
- Empowering Both The Readers And Sources – If you are able to demonstrate amazing aggregation skills, readers and news sources might actually send content directly to you thereby making your job much easier.
- Organizing Content Properly So That Readers Can Easily Find It – Since you are most likely using multiple sources, organizing it properly will make it easier for your readers to consume it.
- Providing Alternative Perspectives – If you can provide alterative perspective in your content aggregation efforts, your audience will really appreciate your efforts.
- Use SEO – Not every great source will understand the framework of the Internet. Some may be unfamiliar to search engine optimization even when they are experts in other topics. A great content aggregator understands SEO and helps content that is not optimized to be discovered.
- Adding Anecdotes And Personalizing Stories – Re-telling a story in a different way is definitely a valid method of teaching a particular subject, and will help you connect with your readers more.
In conclusion, it is good to keep in mind that the purpose of aggregation is to expose content that would otherwise have not been discovered or found. This is exactly what Google does and it actually aggregates more content than any other website. Since it is impossible to compete with Google in this regard (even RSS readers do not have the same reach), use the tips above to effectively compile content and to provide value to your audience.
If you have spent any time marketing online, you have surely heard of SEO or search engine optimization. While it’s vital for success online, it includes a variety of different aspects and each needs to be done correctly for the maximal benefits of your campaign. We’re going to take a look at a handful of the parts of an SEO campaign to truly understand what you can do to make sure you are getting the best results you possibly can when you work to rank your website in the main search engines.
At a basic level, search engine optimization is making sure your website is setup not only for search engines to understand and find your content, but to make sure it’s setup for humans (your actual readers and users) to find and make use of your content and website as well. This is one of the major misconceptions people have when setting up an SEO campaign. They work too hard to build their websites and applications strictly for “the robots” and fail to make their website great for their actual readers and users. This usually results in poor user experience and negatively impacts rankings in the long run!
On-site SEO, also called on-page search engine optimization, is how your website or page is setup. This includes the content, the URL structure, internal linking structure, and a variety of other factors. This is the first part of SEO that you need to have setup properly so your website has a chance to rank highly in the search engines when people are searching for you and the words and phrases on your site. Without doing this properly, you are making it quite difficult on yourself and/or your website.
This is a bit more complex. Off-page is the people and websites linking to yours. What search engines look at when deciding which site to rank, among other things, is which websites are linking to yours. If you have links from low-quality sites pointing to yours, chances are your site is lower quality (usually). That’s how the search engine algorithms view it, so be careful when you are getting links to your website. In many cases, people find a company to help with this. If you do, make sure to only work with a company who knows what they’re doing. You can learn more about the best Chicago SEO services here if you’d like.
Another very important factor for your search engine marketing is to make sure you have great content. By great content, we mean you need to have enough content to get your point across, make sure to include related words and phrases, and make sure it reads professionally and naturally. You do not want to spam your content with words and phrases for search engines. This was a tactic of old and it is no longer effective. In fact, it will actually penalize you and possibly even prevent your website from being shown in some search engines. Make sure to only use the highest quality content and images on your website!
In addition to everything else, many search engines are also reviewing what kind of social activity your website has. This means how many Facebook likes and shares, how many Tweets, how many shares on other social sites. Be sure you’re active on those sites so other people can find your site, share it, and help to improve your overall rankings.
Welcome to TLS, where we are going to share some of the most interesting marketing tips and information you have ever seen! Some people claim we’re under the radar, but our goal is to provide you with great, useful information to help you on your journey with internet marketing and SEO.